The Carpenter Magazine | Special Collections and University Archives
The Carpenter Magazine
With permission from the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America (UBCJA), the University Libraries has digitized the Carpenter from 1905-1989 as part of its participation in the Lyrasis Mass Digitization Collaborative. This project is part of an endeavor to fully process and make accessible the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America archives. The Carpenter , now known as the Carpenter Magazine, was originally a monthly publication produced by the UBCJA to inform all dues-paying members of newsworthy events within the union. In 1990, The Carpenter became a bi-monthly publication and it is now published four times a year. Each issue may be downloaded as an Adobe PDF file and may be searched individually for names and events. Although only the issues from 1881-1989 are currently available online, the archives also holds issues from 1990-present. Those issues that are not available online can be viewed in the Maryland Room of Hornbake Library. Questions? Contact us.
The Carpenter Magazine:
- Volume 109 (1989) - Coming Soon!
- Volumes 110-113 (1990-1993) - Complete Print Copies Available in the Maryland Room
- Volume 114 (1994) - Issues 1-5 Available in the Maryland Room
- Volumes 115-116 (1995-1996) - Complete Print Copies Available in the Maryland Room
- Volume 117 (1997) - Issues 1-5 Available in the Maryland Room
- Volume 118 (1998) - Issues 1, 3-6 Available in the Maryland Room
- Volumes 119-132 (1999-2012) - Complete Print Copies Available in the Maryland Room