- Only current University of Maryland students, faculty, and staff with a current UMD ID are eligible to use the MakerSpace.
- If you are having trouble with the equipment, please contact us at email@example.com
- Users must provide their own external storage devices.
- Any work saved on the computers in the MakerSpace will be deleted once you are logged off and cannot be recovered.
- The Libraries is not responsible for damage to personal computers, nor for the loss of data or information, nor for liability that occurs from the use of the library’s internet connection, library software, or hardware.
- The Libraries is not responsible for anything left behind in the MakerSpace.
- Violation of the rules, responsibilities, and agreements set forth in these policies, may result in disciplinary action. At the discretion of the library staff, loss of library privileges for violation of these policies may occur. Severe violations of university-wide policies may result in disciplinary actions from the Library, University, or legal action as defined by those policies.
Computer Use Policies
Computer users agree to:
- Be courteous to other library patrons and other MakerSpace users.
- Comply with all rules, procedures, and restrictions developed by the university in the University of Maryland Policy on the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources.
- Accept responsibility for the security of the information they give on the web, such as personal information and credit card numbers.
- Respect copyright laws and licensing agreements.
Computer users agree NOT to:
- Use the MakerSpace’s computers for illegal activities, advertising, lobbying, or commercial purposes.
- Modify any hardware or software on the MakerSpace computers.
Fines and Fees for Equipment
- If any item in the MakerSpace is found to be in a permanently unusable or damaged condition after the patron has finished using the MakerSpace, the patron will be subject to a charge that includes the price of replacing the item.
- If any item in the MakerSpace goes missing or is stolen during the period when a patron is using the MakerSpace, the patron will be subject to a charge that includes the price of replacing the item.
- All digital fabrication equipment and products are provided by The University of Maryland on an "as is" basis without warranties or representations of any sort, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- The University of Maryland cannot guarantee confidentiality of designs or specific delivery times.
- Digital fabrication equipment can be used only for lawful purposes. No one will be permitted to use digital fabrication equipment to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, using equipment to replicate someone else’s designs or articles of manufacture may infringe the copyright or patent in those materials.
- The University reserves the right to refuse any requests to use its digital fabrication equipment. Users agree to abide by the policies and procedures listed above.
Adapted from the 3D printing guidelines of Michigan State University Libraries and Oregon State University Libraries.